Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Engage is designed to provide a forum for collegial, collaborative, and constructive discussion, primarily focused on the practice of radiology. As with all guidelines, these are not intended to provide comprehensive criteria for participation. Rather, they are designed to establish practical guidelines which support consistent encouragement of appropriate participation. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will abide by the Code of Conduct.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Engage was developed as a forum for constructive, professional interaction. Discussions in this community should be conducted in a collegial, collaborative, and respectful manner. ACR reserves the right to remove posts for any reason.
- Unprofessional posts including, but not limited to: defamation, abuse, profanity, threats, or offensive language are considered breaches of the Code of Conduct. Illegal materials are strictly prohibited. You are responsible for content that you post.
- Unauthorized personal information of others may not be posted.
- If you have a direct or indirect interest or relationship (financial or otherwise) that may, or may be perceived to, affect your post, that potential conflict of interest should be disclosed within your message.
- Use caution when discussing specific companies or products. Your comments may be subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Discussions of commercial products and services should be limited to individual or practice-related experiences. Any discussion of cost should be limited to relative not specific amounts (e.g., “less than”/”more than”).
- Members are not permitted to post commercial advertising. Members may contact other posters directly for additional information.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State the topic of your comments clearly and concisely in the subject line of a new thread. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only relevant portions of an original message in your reply. Delete unnecessary header information and enter your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list of recipients when it contains information that everyone can benefit from. Individual responses can be posted directly by using the “Reply to Sender” link that is available in every message.
- Familiarize yourself with settings in Engage. This will allow you to edit personal information, as well as to opt in or out of post notifications for Engage communities.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of American College of Radiology. American College of Radiology is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by American College of Radiology or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall American College of Radiology be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants American College of Radiology and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
American College of Radiology does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of American College of Radiology we will take all appropriate action. American College of Radiology reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We respect your privacy:
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet:
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.